Monday, February 20, 2012

Kids Talk


Kids Talk! 2011-2012

In this space, I will share with you some of the funny things that your kids say! See below for last year's edition of Kids Talk!
~ Student: "I'm glad it's Friday. We've been learning a lot this week."
   Teacher: "What are you going to do this weekend?"
   Student: "I'm not learning anything!"
 
~While lining up to go to PE today, this happened:
   Kid 1: "Are you going with us?"
   Me: "No, the PE teacher's in there, though."
   Kid 2: (looking at my sandals) "She don't got the right shoes on!"
~"He-llooo Watermelon!" (said to his watermelon)

Kids Talk!

As a teacher, I hear a lot of silly things that kids say! I wanted a place to share with you all of these funny things! These are some things from the 2010-11 school year:
~"Mrs. Helicopter!" (my name is Mrs. Hathcock)
~During our apples unit, many students called Johnny Appleseed, Johnny Applesauce!
~"Mrs. Hathcock, do your parents call you Mrs. Hathcock?" 
~"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream! Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily like a spider dream!"
~During recess -- Teacher: "Go play!"
   Kid: "I'm not a player-kid, I'm a helper-kid!"

~Another one during recess: Question: "Why are you over here all by yourself?" Answer: "I needed peace."
~"She called me a cry-berry!"
~ Kindergarten spent several days reading "The Polar Express" and Friday we all watched the movie and each child received a bell. One child went up to his teacher and asked "Is this a taco bell?"
~ The child brings three ketchup packets to me at lunch and says "These won't let me open them!" 
~Teacher: "Good job today!" Student: "You, too!"
~While reading Dr. Seuss books, one students asked: "Does he get paid to write that way?"

~On the playground, one child was pretending to be a policeman and said "You're under arrest!" to another child. That child said "I'm innocent!" [Does a 6 year old know what that means? :) ]
~Teacher (as a reading comprehension question): "Can you tell me who was in that story?"
Student: "The dog. And the people."
Teacher: "Tell me about the people. Who were they?"
Student: "They were humans."

No comments:

Post a Comment