Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to School Time!

Felt Footies for my chairs! It makes the chairs practically silent when they move! I decided to use different colors for each table. I got the idea here: http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2012/07/chair-footies.html

So easy and cute!

My friend Brent painted my new reading center table for me!

We got a brand new literacy pack this year! Journeys came in these neat tubs that are separated into units, but they are SO BIG! It took some creative thinking to end up in the back of my read-aloud book stand.








I am going to give these to the kids at Open House. 

My new window treatment! A friend asked me over the summer what my classroom theme was. I was sad to say I didn't really have one. And I still don't, but I do have a lot of RED! :)

My word wall:

I used the left over fabric from my new curtains! I hot glued it on first and then used red electrical-type tape to trim the edges:

Read Aloud area (those are all my "first week" books!):

The window to the office - all dressed up!:

Reading center: 
 ...with my AWESOME table that my daddy built for me! 
http://www.woodnmirror.com/
 Books and reading buddies!

Journals and ABC booklets: (and yes, these bins match the footies for the tables!)

 Back to school packets and pencil boxes are ready to go!


This area will be the math center and on Fridays, we can set up the easel right there for painting!

Orange folders for homework and green daily folders! I thought is was cute how the little monster tissue box matched them! :) 
My lanterns make quiet time very pretty! 

I'm not completely done here, but I will be by Monday - Open House night! I always get nervous! Any tips on how to not be so nervous when meeting new parents!?



No comments:

Post a Comment