Saturday, April 7, 2012

Duct Tape Beautification!

I saw this idea on Pinterest (of course) and I finally got around to trying it out for myself over Spring Break! Using pretty Duct Tape to decorate plain boxes! 

It was really very easy. My husband orders a lot of stuff from the internet for his job and he also ships a lot of merchandise (CDs and T-shirts, etc) for his band, The Reticent
So I took a few plain boxes and got the pretty Duct Tape from Walmart, peeled the labels off, and started taping!

 Aren't these neat designs!? I just love how bright and fun they are!

I started with the edges and worked my way down. I didn't do the inside of any of my boxes (mainly because I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them!), but I may go back and complete the insides later. 

This box is a particularly neat shape. I may use it as a puzzle or game box at school. (We all know how easily boxes get torn up when handled for several years in a K classroom!)
My fellow K teachers and I are working on an Ocean Exploration Room - we are very excited about this new addition to our schedules! - this tape will come in handy in the room!

I think penguins are just the cutest birds there are! I couldn't resist making a penguin box! This would make a good book box. The duct tape really reinforces these boxes while making them so pretty!

And my last box of the day is my pink and gray plaid one. My favorite colors (well, pink and black, but that's close enough!)!  My only problem with this one was that I couldn't line the tape up well enough and it really shows on this box. (That may not even bother anyone else, but I am kind of weird about things like that!)

And once again, the completes boxes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment